Application for Securities Industry Certification Course 2024 is now Open
15TH APRIL TO 4TH JUNE 2024 AT THE CMSA TRAINING CENTRE, GARDEN AVENUE TOWER, 6TH FLOOR, OHIO STREET/GARDEN AVENUE, DAR ES SALAAM
The Capital Markets and Securities Authority (CMSA) was established under the Capital Markets and Securities Act, Cap. 79 (CMS Act) and is charged with the role of developing and regulating capital markets in Tanzania. The CMSA discharges this role by among others, promoting and facilitating the development of an orderly, efficient and sustainable capital markets and securities business in Tanzania while ensuring fair and equitable dealings. The Authority also licenses and regulates investment intermediaries, commodities traders and approves issuers of securities to the public among other duties.
Pursuant to Section 32 of the CMS Act, a person intending to work as a dealer; dealer representative; investment advisor; investment advisor representative; nominated advisor representative; or any other market intermediary, must have CMSA’s certification.
In its endevour to develop and strengthen capital markets in Tanzania, the CMSA in collaboration with the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI), UK will conduct the Securities Industry Certification Course (SICC) as detailed below.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COURSE
The objective of the course is to train market players and professionals to keep pace with global market demands in delivery of services and promoting professionalism and expertise in the capital market business. Specifically, the objectives of the SICC are to:-
- Deliver a training programme to potential brokers, dealer representatives, nominated advisors, nominated advisor representatives, investment advisors, regulators, stock exchange officials and other market players;
- Ensure that trainees have sufficient understanding of capital markets in order to perform their roles in a way that contributes to making an orderly market that is fair and efficient;
- Convey an understanding of the basic and practical requirements for managing companies in the enterprise growth market segment and securities business in general;
- Help trainees appreciate that securities business is the most likely to flourish in a market that enjoys the trust of both investors and issuers; and
- Bridge the gap of the increasing need for market professionals given the current and anticipated growth of capital market industry in the Country. Click Here For More Details of the Course